Pages

Friday, 25 June 2010

sponsorship


I've just returned from the post office having posted a very large and unwieldy package off to Madeira UK. They run a student sponsorship scheme for final year students which, for the successful candidates, gives £100 worth of threads - not to be sniffed at! In order to apply you have to send off a number of boards with examples of stitch based work.


So this is what I've done, including examples from three different projects. The first is from my most recent stage two project which was called 'Loss' and was based on issues of cultural and biodiversity losses associated with deforestation in South American Rainforests. This project used a really luscious and rich colour palette of saturated colour, which contrasted with the subject matter in a way but provided lots of challenges in terms of getting the required depth of colour in dye and print processes. I learnt a lot!




The second featured a body of work that was developed from a summer project based on observational drawing of insects called 'metamorphosis'. This was very much based on transferring drawn line into stitch.



Third, I included work from the 15 Images project I undertook last summer.


So now I'll have to wait until September to find out whether I get the threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment