Pages

Thursday, 16 September 2010

printing sticks


I have this beautiful little set of 'printing sticks' which I can remember finding at my Grandparents' house as a child. They've made appearances at various times in the last few years: teaching, playing, working. I re-discovered them this week when I was playing about with ideas for the Christmas card experiments I was doing.

They're beautifully made, are double-ended, having a different shape on either end of each stick so as to maximise the number of different things you can do, and they are covered in the colourful evidence of past use.


They sit in this round box, presenting their simple but lovely shapes to the lucky person that pulls off the lid.


I have no idea how old they are, but there is plenty of life left in them and I know they are going to make numerous appearances in future card making projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment