Pages

Saturday, 11 December 2010

december garden


I have hardly been in the garden for weeks, except to gingerly pick my slippery way to the compost heap every few days. We have a brief respite in the really cold weather (just a bit cold now) and the winter sun was trying its very best today. It hardly manages to get above the hedge at this time of year, but then it is only a handfull of days until things turn from darkening to lightening.








It was tempting to gather branches and so on to bring inside and start to decorate the house but I'll hold off another week. I like to do it as near to the solstice as I can but I have to balance that with the views of the small people in my house who think we're already far behind everyone else in these matters. I think if you do it too early it isn't so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment