Pages

Sunday, 13 February 2011

wierd sounds



After yesterday's lecture (which was thankfully well-recieved despite a smaller than hoped for audience. The picture shows setting up - there weren't this many empty seats!) and very successful performance by Matt Robinson of 15 Images I could relax a little.


It was strange seeing my animated images so large - this is the biggest yet. It really made for a completely immersive experience in the dark lecture theatre with comfy seats that you could relax into.

It was lovely to have a little time to go back over the road to the Museum and Art Gallery and see the Taking Time exhibition completed. I re-aquainted myself with Sue Lawty's tiny stones, added a bit to the web of threads that invites additions, marvelled at Heidrun Schimmel's stitches and admired Matthew Harris's subtle textures. There will always be a textile bias for me I guess but there is so much else in this exhibition not mentioned specifically here that I really appreciate seeing for a second time.
There is an entry on the Craftspace Taking Time blog about the Plymouth exhibition by Craftspace's Emma Daker.


Now, I thought 15 Images was fairly experimental but some of the other performances in the Peninsular Arts Contemporary Music Festival so far have been wierd and wonderful to my inexperienced ears!


Current listening: deconstructed pianos, earworms, wine bottle blowing, radioactive particles and cloud chambers...

No comments:

Post a Comment