Pages

Friday, 17 June 2011

old habits


I've been making cards. In a way this feels strange; part of the point of doing this degree was because I don't want to be making the cards for the rest of my life, but old habits die hard! And actually I think it is something I will always do alongside my work. I'm set up for it so it makes sense to.


So I've made a batch of cards that I can have for sale at the show in Bradford and in London - ever the opportunist. And I'm using things up, recycling:
I'm making the most of my screens at college before they're cleaned, and of the pigment that is left over from my screen printing. The card and envelopes are all made from recycled paper and the bags that the cards go into are completely bio-degradable, something that wasn't available when I started making cards seriously, about 7 years ago.

As for tonight and the preview of the degree show, I'm excited but also a little nervous...


No comments:

Post a Comment