Pages

Friday, 15 July 2011

delivery


I've just delivered two pieces of work to this gallery in Clitheroe for their Lancashire and Yorkshire Craft Open Exhibition. They are two of my stitch-embossed paper with paper yarn stitches.


When I collected them from the framers earlier this week I was
a little unsure about how they work in frames and behind glass. It has certainly changed them. The barrier of the glass makes them harder work to view but it also encases them in a way that, on reflection, I like.


It has given them a kind of museum piece quality, like they are some sort of artifact that needs careful protection. They are delicate and subtle and so somehow this encasing is appropriate.


The Craft Open is on from 23rd July until 1st October.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, they look wonderful in the frames.

    kelly x

    ReplyDelete