Pages

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

stitched folds


Before I was selected for the graduate showcase at the Festival of Quilts I had already committed to entering the mini quilt section of the open exhibition. My entry is slowly taking shape.

I'm using a piece of silk that was printed with my sketched bui
lding site screen at college. Using these dots to help me...


I'm bringing four points together to make these little corners with walls in between.


I have a vague idea of how I want it to look but I'm pretty much making it up as I go along. I've tried stitching along the bottom of the little 'walls' to give them more definition but am not convinced that it is right.


I've also been toying with the idea of having 'windows' inserted in some of the compartments...


but I don't think they work. The combination of the print and the structure of the manipulated fabric is enough, windows are a step too far, but sometimes you have to try things out to find what works and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment