Pages

Thursday, 28 July 2011

strange marks


There are some glorious clashes of colour going on at the end of my garden; lots of reds (poppies, crocosmia, runner bean flowers) and lilacs (opium poppies and chard stems) and much of it completely random with self sewn things growing where the hell they like. I love that accidental aspect of gardening, that mix of the controlled and uncontrolled. I was reminded today of visiting Great Dixter at this time last year - they really know how to make the most of the accidental there.


I found these strange marks on the glass of my Mum's greenhouse. They've been made by some sort of animal scraping off the algae. They are very curious and beautiful and look just like the kind of mark I might have made stitching something.

No comments:

Post a Comment