Pages

Thursday, 11 August 2011

great day

What a day I've had! I was told this morning that I am joint winner of the Graduate Showcase bursary at the Festival of Quilts. I'm absolutely thrilled! I share the prize with Rose Wood and we both went to the presentation event this afternoon (hosted by Kaffe Fassett) where we were given a cup of tea (very welcome by that point in the day!) and our certificates by Pauline Burbidge, who selected us both at New Designers and here. We both get a chunk of money to spend furthering our work and a space at next year's show.


I also met Claire Benn and Janice Gunner today, who both bo
ught pieces of my work. I've had so many lovely comments and conversations today, I'm surprised I got my head out the door at the close of show! Excuse me while I just go and pinch myself...

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, I was at Festival of Quilts today and enjoyed your beautiful work. I bought some of your cards and a small original piece. So gorgeous! Congratulations on your award. Hope to see you again next year

    Best wishes, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Congratulations Alice... this is very exciting and I look forward to hearing more....
    all the best...
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations. that is wonderful but not at all surprising. your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I think it's going to be a busy year for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carolyn. It was quite a day! So many lovely comments and lovely people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you everyone else! I have a warm fuzzy glow this morning... three more days of the show to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done Alice - well deserved too!

    ReplyDelete