Pages

Friday, 14 October 2011

slow printing


I'm experimenting with the marks that can be achieved by laying items on to paper that have either been soaked in the remains of a dye bath, or rusty items that are laid onto wet paper (in this case wet with tea or with vinegar).  It takes time, but as the moisture dries I am left with some exquisite marks that are a curious mixture of planning and randomness - something I feel underlies so much of my work.



This one isn't strictly printing, more dyeing, as the paper had been submerged in a dye bath with clamps to resist.  I love the randomness of the rust marks next to the straight line created by the clamp.


4 comments:

  1. Looks so gorgeous, what a great idea. Hmm, all kinds of ideas are popping into my head, thanks for that.

    Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and awesome. Great work, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the results on paper, especially with the rust. I think I'm going to have to put all the rusty "stuff" I have to work!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete