Pages

Sunday, 8 January 2012

london weather


The weather has been so wild on and off for the last couple of weeks.  There was complete chaos on the rail system when I traveled down to London last week.  My train was delayed by 2 1/2 hours, although because of something completely seperate from the weather related hold-ups elsewhere.  That evening, after leaving the gallery, the wet pavements reflected and multiplied the Christmas lights and the Olympic count-down thing in Trafalgar Square.



By Wednesday morning the wet weather had cleared and London was bathed in beautiful soft winter sunshine.  It reminded me of similar conditions on visits to both Paris and Venice at this time of year.  The buildings around Trafalgar Square looked gorgeous and I felt spoiled to be able to have an hour as a tourist before I was due at the Mall Galleries.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your train problemsx I wish l had known you were around, l was up in town at same time. I didn't manage to get to Private view, got stuck in traffic coming back from Kent..sigh!!sorry. But will try and see exhibition this weekxxxx hope it is going well Alicex I understand if you are reluctent to meet some one you don't know but if when you are in London and fancy a coffee..l will be around if possible . lynda
    ps...thanks for

    ReplyDelete