Pages

Thursday, 12 January 2012

shifting stuff

I feel like I'm stuck inside a rubix cube or one of those little games where you can only move one square at a time and you have to make 20 other moves before you can make the one you really want to.


I have managed to unpack a lot since moving house and slowly things are getting straight.  The studio was, until Monday, completely jammed with boxes with just a little passage to get to the washing machine and freezer (this is my cellar and so also utility room).  Then the removal people came to take away my empty boxes, which suddenly gave me the space to empty some more and so the studio looked like this:




Believe me, this was an improvement!  Suddenly I could start to get a feel for the room.  I then spent time over the next couple of days sorting and shifting things about.  I put together the plan chest where I store my paper and previous mounted work (this involved a great deal of swearing - it isn't really a one person job).  I got to the end of the day I'm afraid to say that the room didn't look much different, things had just changed places.  Basically I have too much stuff.

I know that it will all come together eventually and that the sorting I'm doing isn't wasted time at all.  There isn't much creativity going on though, which gets me down.  So this afternoon I've been doing some research towards a project I'll be doing this year and I'm quite excited.  More about that another time...


4 comments:

  1. I SO feel for you....if I ever sell my home I will be like that trying to pack everything away before I can move lol The market is crap up north here........I should start decluttering, in case, but ..... good luck in Your new home anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I uses to move every 1 to 3 years as an Army wife then as a bankers wife....not fun but did enjoy unpacking and finding things l had forgotten about! Can imagine if you have not moved in a while you will have loads of stuff and it will be harder to find where to put it allat the other end.. Glad you are starting to get things sorted. look forward to hearing about your new project. How is the show going,.....it looked goodxxwell donex lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. I did chuck a load of stuff out before moving but I've down sized considerably. I'll get there slowly...
    Lynda, it sounds like you made it to the show. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alice. You know that by the time you finish arranging the stuff, you will have an explosion of creativity! Good way to start the new year!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete