Pages

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

rescue

I have, sitting on my kitchen table, a lovely four shaft table loom.


I rescued it from going in a skip at my kids' school yesterday and still can't quite believe my luck!  


It is in need of a little care and attention: one of the strings that lifts a shaft is frayed and almost broken.  But really it is in pretty good condition and I wonder how long it has been sitting in a store room un-used and un-loved.


While I'm talking about studio equipment, let me introduce you to my new printing press:  I bought this just before moving house and it has been wrapped up ever since, waiting for the studio to be sorted enough and set up to use it.  I'm hoping it won't stay this shiny for long!

1 comment:

  1. An amazing find. And another new piece. I wouldn't be able to sleep. Enjoy setting up your new studio.

    ReplyDelete