Pages

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

artist in residence

I would like to introduce you to my exciting up-coming project.  I will be Artist in Residence at Spurn Point Nature Reserve during 2012.  This is something that I've been planning for over a year now and I've been itching to announce it but held off until things were a little more certain.


Although I'm still waiting for the outcome of a funding bid, I felt it was time to let you know about what I'm planning.  The project will start properly in April and run through to September, when there will be an exhibition weekend at Spurn in the old lighthouse.  There will then be a gallery tour during the following months.  More on that another time.


You can follow the project once things get going here and find out more about previous Spurn artists here.  You can also see some of the photos I took last time I visited Spurn here.

7 comments:

  1. How fantastic, Alice! I am so happy for you. I know that wonderful work will take form wile you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful opportunity! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create whilst you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Alice,and not that far from me.Will be very interesting to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice,
    I just awarded you the Liebster Blog award over on my blog. Check it out and pass it on!
    And congrats on your AiR appointment!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow how fantastic...so please for you and will enjoy following your residencyxxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my most favourite place, I live in Hull and its an escape for me to go there and feel the breeze,experience the vast sky and walk the sands.
    Its therapeutic and inspirational too.
    I wish you every success and hope you enjoy your residency!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all! I'm really excited about it too!
    x

    ReplyDelete